Often times we put in 100 percent into something we are doing and even at that we don’t get the results we desire. I have been there, I was devastated and then I became curious as to what more I can do knowing that what I thought was my best, was in fact not good enough. I came across this words of edification which I have summarized below. I pray it helps you as it did me.
PROMISES OF GOD
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV
Appropriate Gods presence
“And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.” -Luke 5:3 KJV
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”- Matthew 6:33 KJV
- Christ presence in the boat made a big difference
- Therefore his presence in my academics, business and life will make all the more difference.
Cooperate with Gods plan
“Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.” – Luke 5:4 KJV
- When God is guiding my life, I cannot fail.
- Late gospel singer Ethel Waters says “Gods does not sponsor flops”
Anticipate Gods promises
“And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.”- Luke 5:5 KJV
- When I have Gods promises in my heart, I cannot fail.
It can work in my life
“And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.” -Luke 5:6 KJV
- When I appropriate God’s presence, cooperate with God’s plan, and anticipate God’s promises—I will be blessed with more than I can handle.
“And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.” – Luke 5:7 KJV
- God does not only want to bless me, but he wants to also bless others through me – People who are empty.
Try it again with Christ
- Don’t give up try it again, but this time with Jesus in your boat.
~Excerpt From: “God’s Answers to Life’s Difficult Questions” by Rick Warren~